All lessons are individual lessons, but if a group of your friends would like to use a common pool and book back-to-back lessons during a time block, I would be happy to work to accommodate you!
Infant/Toddler (6mos to 2 years) - 15 minute lessons
*1 day/week : $35 *3 days/week: $100
Learn to Swim (Child) - 30 minute lessons
*1 day/week : $50 *3 days/week: $145
Learn to Swim (Teen & Adult) - 1 hour lessons
*1 day/week : $75 *3 days/week : $220
Lesson Times Available:
LESSONS ARE AVAILABLE YEAR-ROUND WITH THE EXCEPTION OF NOTED BLACKOUT DATES.
Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays
Morning Hours: 8:00am - 11:30am
Afternoon Hours: 2:00pm - 5:30pm
2018 BLACKOUT DATES: March 19 & 23; April 12-25; June 18-22
Parents and students are partners in the learning process! Please do not hesitate to ask questions. I will be looking for your feedback as well, to determine how I can best individualize your lessons to your learning style.
Certain goals are universal to each of my students. The methods and timelines by which they are achieved will vary greatly - adaptation, after all, is key to individualized lessons. However, if you choose lessons with Assured Aquatics, you may expect the following goals to be incorporated into your lessons:
- Understanding of safe water environments
- Identification of water hazards
- Safe entry and exit from water
- Confidence around water (Fear and Panic are the responses that lead to drowning. Confidence is key to safety!)
- Breath control (NOT breath-holding. Breath holding is a dangerous yet frequent practice in water - especially among children.)
- Proper body positioning (both floating and propelling)
- Ability to perform a swim-float-swim sequence to a safe water exit OR float on back and propel to a safe exit
No assumptions will be made regarding a student's capability to learn any given skill. Individualized lessons are Assured Aquatics' hallmark. Each student will be assessed during their first lesson for their best starting place in the progression of skills (entering/exiting the water, submerging, floating, arm movements, leg movements, combined movements, rhythmic breathing, specialized strokes) and will be given the opportunity to progress at their pace and to the furthest of their ability. Confidence, encouragement, and personal goals attained are what you may expect from Mrs. Becky as a teacher.
- Yes, family members are welcome to watch lessons. I request that if siblings are on deck, you maintain safe watch over them as I will be keeping my focus on the child in the water.
- Absolutely yes, you may film lessons. One of the best encouragements for a student is to see themselves in action! This also gives you, the parent, the ability to recall and reinforce key words and phrases to help your student progress.